CMOS Image Sensors for Space and Ground-based Astronomy
Our technology has been chosen for performance-critical applications:
- CANOPUSTM image sensor (CIS111) for ESAâ€™s and EUMETSATâ€™s Meteosat Third Generation â€“ MTG satellites,
- VEGATM image sensor (CIS113) for ASIAAâ€™s Transneptunian Automated Occultation Survey (TAOS II),
- SIRIUSTM image sensor (CIS115) for ESAâ€™s JUICE mission,
- CIS119 for ESAâ€™s and EUMETSATâ€™s Meteorological Operational (MetOp) second generation satellites.
We collaborate closely with our partners and customers, taking full responsibility forÂ the entire supply chain, from design (including a variety of package options) to delivery.Â We offer back-thinned and space qualified CMOS image sensors, with unparalleled performance in terms of sensitivity, high radiation tolerance and low power consumption.
OurÂ space qualified CMOS imageÂ sensors capabilities include:
- Proven CMOS pixel designs
- Very large pixel sizes with low lag
- Snap shot pixels
- High dynamic range
- VeryÂ low noise analogue and digital outputs
- Radiation hard design blocks
- Optimised for visible/NIR or for use in EUV/UV, thanks to Teledyne e2v’s back-thinning technology