WeÂ offer a range of compact modulator systems based around its patented solid-state switching technology. High power pulsed systems are developed for radar and for linear accelerators used in industrial, scientific and medical applications.
The compact modulator is a direct switching unit, designed to drive either ourÂ microwave tubes or those from other manufacturers. The high voltage modulators and semiconductor switches provide a real proven alternative to conventional â€œline and hard valve typeâ€ modulator technology. Using innovative assemblies of solid-state switches, together with compatible power supplies and energy storage units, gives a significant improvement in pulse shape and quality. A flexible control system gives the ability to remotely vary the pulse parameters on a pulse-to-pulse basis. These features make the units ideal for systems where precise energy control is essential.
OurÂ MPT5838 and MPT5839 modulator systems are designed for medical radiotherapy LINAC use. When combined with a Teledyne e2v magnetron, a reliable, high energy, pulsed microwave source for electron acceleration is provided.
- Compact design â€“ ideal when space is limited
- Computer-controlled and detailed diagnostics â€“ a significant advantage for rapid diagnostics, potentially available remotely
- High-level FRU replacement â€“ enables service by engineers who are not experts in modulator systems
- Control over many waveform properties â€“ allows accurate dose servoing for a variety of treatment modalities
- Self-shielded â€“ does not require large RF enclosure
- Far fewer exposed high voltage components â€“ safer for service operations
- Lower RF noise emissions relative to line modulator â€“ more suitable for environment with other sensitive electronics and easier to comply with IEC requirements.
The modulator system can be controlled and monitored by the use of the RS485 serial bus interface or the hard-wired user interface, or the fibre-optic interface. For a given application a customer can select between these options or e2v can configure and combine them in order to integrate with the host system. The control interface can also be configured so the modulator system operates at a single operating point autonomously.
e2v works closely with customers to provide generic or bespoke modulator system solutions as required. The company prides itself on its exceptional technical support, both during the initial product selection and once products are in service.
- Welcome to our Radiotherapy Engineer Training
- Spark Gaps
- Cargo Scanning and NDT
- High Energy Physics
- Spark Gaps
- Electronic Warfare and Counter Measures
- Helix TWTs
- Coupled â€“ Cavity Travelling Wave Tubes (CCTWTs)
- Microwave Power Modules (MPMs)
- Target Deactivation
- RF Safe-Stopâ„¢
- Commercial Radar
- Ground Based
- Microwave Devices
- Safety and Arming Devices
- Safety and Arming Devices Resources
- Exploding Foil Initiators
- Industrial Processing
- ProWaveÂ® Industrial Processing Systems
- Inductive Output Tubes
- Microwave semiconductors
- Microwave Semiconductors