CIS120 has an optimal specification balancing performance and price to provide an image sensor for harsh environments and space applications.
CHELMSFORD, UK, March 22 2019 â€” Teledyne e2v, a Teledyne Technologies [NYSE: TDY] company, has released a new image sensor package, the CIS120. Samples are now available (from February 2019) along with a full test and demonstration system. This new and anticipated industry-leading image detector is an easy-to-use general-purpose imager designed for harsh environments such as space applications.
Key specifications of the CIS120 include a resolution of 2048 x 2048Â and back-illuminated 10Âµm square pixels with a quantum efficiency of 90% at 550 nm (typical) for outstanding low light sensitivity. The sensor offers both a rolling shutter mode with a frame rate of 30 fps (8 bit) and a global shutter mode with a frame rate of 20 fps (12 bit). A combination of low readout noise and on-chip analogue-to-digital conversion provides excellent image quality.
Key features include:
- Good latch-up immunity and high SEU threshold by design and is resistant to ionising radiation by process choice
- Pixel read timing is set by an on-chip sequencer to simplify use and to reduce pin count
- A column parallel ADC is used to quantize each row of pixels in turn and is controlled by its own sequencer
- Resolution can be set anywhere from 8 to 14 bits
- Four LVDS channels output the image data and are controlled by the readout sequencer to scan along each row in turn. Two LVDS synchronisation channels allow accurate data sampling
- All configuration settings are programmed over an SPI. This includes shutter mode, ADC resolution and bias current values
- Package options include ceramic PGA and metal and ceramic three-side butting designs for use in mosaic focal planes
- CIS120 is stitched, so other sizes are possible from 2048 Ã— 1024, up to 2048 Ã— 8192 pixels, without the cost of new masks as well as other customer-specific requirements such as anti-reflective coatings
Further information can be found here.
About Teledyne e2v
Teledyne e2vâ€™s innovations lead developments in healthcare, life sciences, space, transportation, defense and security, and industrial markets.
Teledyne e2vâ€™s unique approach involves listening to the market and application challenges of customers and partnering with them to provide innovative standard, semi-custom or fully-custom imaging solutions, bringing increased value to their systems.
About Teledyne Imaging
Teledyne Imaging is a group of leading-edge technology companies aligned within the Teledyne brand. With unrivalled expertise across the electromagnetic spectrum and decades of experience, the group offers world-leading capabilities in sensing, signal generation and processing. The collective delivers innovative solutions to aerospace, defense, geospatial, machine and industrial vision, medical and life sciences, semiconductors and MEMs.
01245 493 493