close menu
10 June 2011

e2v wins place in the top 60 Sunday Times Best Green Companies Awards 2011

It was announced last night that e2v has won a place in the Sunday Times Best Green Companies awards. Listed 34th in the prestigious group of 60 companies, this award sets out to identify and celebrate the achievements of British businesses that are striving to improve their environmental performance.

e2v’s entry was verified by two widely recognised independent companies; Bureau Veritas and Munro Global. With competition for places in the top 60 intense due to the quality of entries, only those organisations demonstrating the highest environmental standards with workforces wholly engaged with their green initiatives have made it onto the list.

There were 2 parts to the audit, starting with an employee survey undertaken by 385 of e2v’s employees and making up 30% of the overall score. This is a unique survey as it asks employees what they think about their company’s environmental performance, policies and procedures and how they filter through to daily life. The remaining 70% of the score was made up of an extensive audit of policies, systems, controls and performance metrics including: energy, carbon footprint, waste and recycling.

Maureen Raphael, Group Health Safety & Environmental Manager at e2v commented “Engaging our employees is central to the success of our environmental processes and systems and this award clearly demonstrates that our people support, understand and contribute to their effectiveness. Even if the business had scored full marks for the auditing of our data this result could not have been achieved without our employees personally responding, therefore I consider this an award that everyone here can truly take credit for.”

This award helps demonstrate the level of employee engagement in fulfilling the goals and aims of e2v’s greener business practice. It benchmarks a standard for e2v to continue to develop its green credentials against, whilst sending out a positive message to e2v’s employees that what they do personally matters.

– ends –

Press contact:

Andy Bennett +44 (0)1245 453296

Notes to Eds

About e2v
e2v is a leading global provider of technology solutions for high performance systems; delivering solutions, sub-systems and components, to advanced systems companies, for specialist applications within medical & science, aerospace & defence, and commercial & industrial markets.
e2v is headquartered in the UK, employs approximately 1500 people, has design and production facilities across Europe and North America, and has a global network of sales and technical support offices. For the year ended 31 March 2011, e2v reported sales of £229m and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. For more information visit