e2v, a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of specialised components and subsystems, has won a contract to supply imaging sensors to the Space Application Centre (SAC), part of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), for their new satellites.
As part of the ISRO’s plan to develop imaging resource satellites, the SAC will develop the following satellites using e2v’s charge coupled devices (CCDs):
- Resourcesat 3 – will use three cameras: LISS 4, LISS 3 and a multi-spectral camera with resolution of 1 meter in panchromatic mode and 2 meters in multi-spectral mode. Liss 3 & Liss 4 will have 2.5 & 5 meter resolution.
- Cartosat 3 – will use a single multi- spectral camera.
The high performance e2v CCD sensors utilise TDI (Time Delay Integration), anti blooming functionalities and back thinning post processing to obtain very high quantum efficiency. This will provide Indian earth observation programmes with superior resolution enabling the monitoring of land and urban development, agriculture and soil, forests, environment, bio and also aid in disaster support.
Brian McAllister, General Manager of Space & Scientific Imaging at e2v, said. ”This is a significant new contract for e2v. These devices will be designed and manufactured in Grenoble (France), highlighting the synergies of the Grenoble facility with our traditional Chelmsford (UK) based space imaging expertise and expanding the type of products e2v can supply to space agencies. We are proud to support SAC ISRO for these earth observation developments”
PRESS OFFICE CONTACT:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: + 44 (0) 1 245 453 607
NOTES FOR EDITORS
e2v technologies plc
e2v technologies is a leading designer, developer and manufacturer of specialised components and subsystems, falling within two product groups:
- Electronic tubes
- Sensors and Semiconductors
These products enable some of the world’s leading OEMs to deliver innovative systems for medical and science, aerospace and defence, and commercial and industrial applications.
For the year ended 31 March 2007, e2v achieved sales of £174m and is listed on the London Stock Exchange (e2v.l). In July 2006 e2v technologies plc acquired a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialised electronic components and sub-systems, based in Grenoble, France and in May of 2007 e2v plc acquired MiCS Microchemical Systems SA a designer and manufacturer of semiconductor based gas sensors. These acquisitions strengthen the Group’s position as a major global provider of specialised electronic components and subsystems.
e2v’s products are supplied into three core market areas:
- Medical & Science: Sensor technology includes imaging sensors for intra-oral and panoramic dental X-ray, mammography, life science applications and X-ray microscopy. Electronic tubes are the enabling technology behind radiotherapy cancer treatments, microwave medical therapy and high-energy physics.
- Aerospace & Defence: Sensor technology includes products for military surveillance, targeting and guidance, space-based imaging and astronomy, radar, electronic warfare, and broadband data converters and microprocessors for aerospace applications. Electronic tubes provide the enabling technology behind radars, electronic countermeasures (ECM), electronic warfare and satellite communications.
- Commercial & Industrial: Sensor technology includes marine radars, industrial safety sensors, automotive radars and alarms, thermal imaging cameras used by fire fighters, CCD and CMOS high resolution line scan cameras for industrial inspection. Electronic tubes provide enabling technology behind TV broadcast, satellite communications, marine radar and food & industrial processing.
The overall purpose of the business is to grow sustainable shareholder value whilst appropriately meeting the expectations of customers, people, partners, suppliers and the wider community. e2v’s vision is to create value through bright ideas in technology and materials science. The Company’s mission is to place customers at the heart of the business, providing enabling products of premium quality that extend technical barriers and enhance the competitive position of our partners.
e2v has approximately 1,800 employees worldwide with three UK based manufacturing sites in Chelmsford, Lincoln and High Wycombe, one in Grenoble, France and one in Corcelles, Switzerland. In addition e2v has sales offices in the UK, USA, Germany, France and Hong Kong, as well as a network of distributors and representatives covering other key territories.
Further information on e2v technologies plc is available from its website, www.e2v.com